Thursday, August 03, 2006

London and Dublin

I know it has been a long time since I have written, but I have been extrememly busy studying in London and Dublin, so I hope I haven't lost you as my reader. For now, since I am still here, I am just going to list for you the Shows I have seen thus far. I have a little less than 2 weeks here and there will be more to come I promise. But I thought this might be interesting. The more stars the better I thought it was.

Billy Elliot ***
Romeo and Juliet (it was horrible)
Titus Andronicus ***** (at the GLOBE!)
Anthony and Cleoptra (saw a midnight performance at the Globe)
Woman and Scarecrow (with Fiona Shaw)*
Fuerzabruta ****** (liked it but I gave it stars not because of the show itself, for a different reason, another blog...)
Rock n Roll (only saw half of it because the tube shut down and we were very late)
Voyage Round My Father
Mary Poppins (this doesn't deserve any stars, can I give negative stars?)
Sunday in the Park With George (hahahahahaha)
The Life of Galileo ********* (WONDERFUL!!!)
The Royal Hunt of the Sun
Cyrano ****

In Dublin so far:
The Constant Wife **
The Children of Lir ***** (great Irish theatre)
The Importance of Being Ernest (all male cast!)

Tomorrow we head to Northern Ireland to Belfast and we are spending the day creating theatre in a Prison with 11 prisoners. I am really excited. How cool is that?

A few cool things that have happened:

1. Yesterday we got into see the Book of Kells for free because our tutor "has connections" with Trinity College! She rocks
2. I love Frisbee.
3. We performed theatre on top of a burial mound, which was on top of a mountain in Cooley, Ireland. (pictures to come later). That was awesome.
4. Indian Food in London is SOOOOOOOOO good.
5. Staying in the room right above Oscar Wilde's room at Trinity College right now. If those walls could talk...

I am exhausted and plan on going to bed now....

2 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Long_Division said...

I think the Indian food was the ONLY good food in London. Luckily, it was fantastic and it cancelled out all of those ridiculous sandwiches.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger jess said...

Ugh...the sandwiches...the most blandest food ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home